This Section will perform the following activities:-
- Provide medical and surgical ophthalmology services;
- Run ophthalmology outpatient clinics;
- Coordinate matters relating to optometry;
- Develop and implement SOPs, management protocols and Clinical guidelines in ophthalmology;
- Ensure proper utilization, maintenance and storage of ophthalmology equipment and supplies;
- Formulate and implement quality improvement strategies for service delivery in ophthalmology; and
- Provide mentorship and technical support to lower health facilities in the zone to issues related to ophthalmology.